Mittwoch, 7. November 2012

Welcome to my blog 'Stumbling and Remembering'!

On this blog I plan to document the ongoing research process of my Master's thesis in the fall semester '12 (Sept. '12-March'13). The blog's name addresses the two focal points of my thesis: the specific example of the art project 'Stolpersteine'/'stumbling stones' by the German artist Gunter Demnig ('stumbling') and European memory culture related to the Holocaust in general ('remembering').
Before turning towards the topic of my thesis in the following posts, I deem it appropriate to give a little bit of background information about myself in this opening post: I am grateful for the opportunity to write this thesis in the beautiful city of Utrecht in the heart of the Netherlands during an Erasmus semester. I am enrolled in the Master's program 'Intercultural Communication Studies' from the European University Frankfurt (Oder), Germany. Before that I received my BA from the TU Cottbus (BA program 'Culture and Technology'), which also allowed me to study one semester abroad at UT Arlington, Texas. Besides I also stayed three months in Northern Ireland for an internship.
My interests lie in intercultural exchange, memory culture, music and languages. This is also reflected in my work as a teacher for German as a foreign language at a private language school in my beloved home city of Berlin. Because of the European scope of the topic of my thesis, this blog will be written in English. Please feel free to use the comment function or write me an email if you have any questions or suggestions: eckart.rehberg@yahoo.de
Thank you for your attention,
Eckart Rehberg

Some useful links:
Art Project 'Stolpersteine'

European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
Utrecht University, NL

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen